It is a parent ONLY class which runs every week from 6:30-9pm.... It is quite the commitment!
I have been told many good things about this class, and the teaching technique is known to be highly successful... So for those of you wondering what exactly it is, its called "IT TAKES TWO TO TALK" which is taught my the Hanen Centre.
"Founded more than 35 years ago, The Hanen Centre is a Canadian charitable organization with a global reach."
"Our mission is to provide parents, caregivers, early childhood educators and speech-language pathologists with the knowledge and training they need to help all preschool children develop the best possible language, social and literacy skills, including those children with or at risk of language delays and those with developmental challenges such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, including Asperger Syndrome."
We fulfill our mission by:
- creating programs that teach parents, caregivers and educators how to promote children's language and literacy development during everyday activities
- training speech-language pathologists/therapists to lead Hanen Programs and to use Hanen's child-centred approach in their day-to-day work with families and teachers
- being a trusted source of helpful information for professionals who support the efforts of parents and teachers in giving children the best start in life
- developing outstanding, practical, user-friendly learning materials that are based on current research in the field
- conducting leading-edge research on our programs
Today I learned about OWL:
So we considering this was my first class I will update the blog weekly with my "It takes two to talk" update. Plus its a good way to keep track of our progress I suppose!
If you are looking into speech therapy, or just have an interest in knowing more about this here the website!