Tonights Dinner was super simple.
The longest part is the prep about this recipe is the prep.
- 3 bell peppers, I made one each Yellow, Red and Green
- 1 lb lean ground Turkey
- 1 can of Italian seasoned Tomato Sauce or Tomato Paste
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, (fresh, frozen, or can)
- 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice (you can use white rice or even quinoa)
- 1 cup of sliced Mushrooms
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 2 choped Garlic cloves
- salt/pepper to taste
- Olive oil or canola Oil
- In a large pan, sauté onions and garlic put aside in a large mixing bowl
- Cook ground turkey add in tomato sauce mix
- Add corn, rice, mushrooms, rice, meat and sauce to bowl, mix all together
- Cut tops off peppers and remove core.
- Pack the meat mixture into each pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400; cook for 30-45 min the longer you cook, the softer the pepper. you can also cook in a crock pot if you choose that takes about 6-8 hours.
I topped mine off with some colby jack cheese put it back in the oven for 5 minutes and TADA!
Serve with your choice of side dish